We hope you’re having a fantastic week!
Today we were inspired to bring you this super raw and informal video which came about when we were debriefing after an Inkling program. There were some amazing insights and we had the urge to share with you in the moment!
Something that often comes up in our workshops and coaching sessions is that people are constantly waiting for someone to rescue them. They’re waiting for someone to notice how hard they’re working and to give them the opportunity they’ve (secretly) been yearning for. This is what is called the “Tiara Syndrome, a term coined by Carol Frohlinger and Deborah Kolb. Are you suffering from Tiara Syndrome? Symptoms include:
- Lacking confidence and self-belief
- Wanting a promotion, stretch opportunity, pay rise, or new opportunity
- Dislike of networking and talking about yourself/your achievements
- Having little power and impact in your organisation
- Feeling frustrated or disappointed that no one notices your hard work
- Having a vague or non-existent career plan
Do any of these ring true for you? If yes, check out our video below where we discuss Tiara Syndrome and what you can do to overcome it.
Soph & Vashti
P.S. Have you heard the exciting news? Yesterday we announced on Facebook and Instagram that we’re bringing back InklingTV to inspire and educate you to get the most out of your work and life. We’d love to hear from you, what are you struggling with at the moment that you would like us to cover? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below. To watch previous InklingTV videos, click below.