Co-Founder + Chief Awakening Officer
Enlightening Speaker | Human Alarm Clock
Speaking sweet spot: Changed minds, practical takeaways, deep learning
Dr Gemma Munro is a business founder, Chief Awakening Officer, uplifting speaker, Doctor of Psychology and procrastinating author. You can think of her as a human alarm clock. Her effect on audiences is to wake them up – to help them remember who they are, what they’re here to do, and why they’re entirely capable of doing it with great courage and passion.
Dr Munro’s reputation as a speaker is built on her ability to create a safe environment almost immediately. In her capable hands, audiences feel empowered to uncover their fears, laugh out loud, and leave feeling inspired to create a life, career and workplace they love.
As a speaker, her clients include Google, PayPal, Qantas, Nissan, Vodafone, Woolworths and the NHS. She has inspired over 68,000 people around the world, and her keynote at Google headquarters in Silicon Valley was livestreamed to every Google office on the planet. As a classically trained singer, Dr Munro has performed in Westminster Abbey, Radio City Music Hall and, somewhat heart-stoppingly, to 53,000 screaming fans as a backing vocalist for the Rolling Stones.
Dr Munro founded Inkling in 2011 and, together with business partner Sophie Hampel and the Inkling team, created an organisation that punches well above its weight. Inkling exists to create inclusive workplaces in which everyone belongs, and its results speak for themselves: 60% of people who attend one of Inkling’s programs receive a promotion within six months.
Dr Munro is a two-time Telstra Businesswoman of the Year finalist and a recipient of the Duncan Trust prize for speaking. She lives with her two children in Adelaide, the Little City That Can. Outside of work, she likes to swing (dance), bake (pies) and drink (wine) while cooking with friends, while all the children run around looking after themselves.
Leaders and teams of the future
Creating workplaces that inspire authenticity, belonging and contribution.
- Intact exec/leadership teams ready for the next level of leadership success
- Organisations wanting to spark imagination
- Professionals looking for hope, inspiration and direction in their careers
You will leave with:
- An understanding of how to create psychological safety and celebrate uniqueness at work
- The courage to play bigger at work, to shape workplace culture not just fit into it, and to craft a career you’re proud of
- Practical tips to decrease stress and fear at work and expand to their full potential
“Gemma is incredibly generous, motivating, and passionate about improving the world for the future. Her fun and frisky style is hugely engaging and successful.”
– Jessica Sims, Los Angeles
Awakening passion and purpose
How to move away from fear and towards courage, purpose and joy
- Those looking for a joyful wake-up call, a softening of negativity, stress and fear, and actionable tips to create a life and career they love
You will leave with:
- An understanding of why we’re so hard on ourselves – and how to rewire old negative thought patterns
- Identification of your current triggers and the first steps to choose a new story
- A gentle kick-up the pants to let go of unhelpful habits and maximise happiness and impact
- Simple (and would you believe fun) tools to work out what you want, stop procrastination, and start getting great work done from a place of calm
“Could there be a more enthusiastic, humorous, insightful and energetic speaker? Gemma has the skills to guide you through the most challenging areas with just the right blend of nudging and support. She makes it fun.”
-Anon, Department of Environment and Natural Resources
Reimagining collaboration and connection at work
Six little words, three big boundaries and a bucket of truth: creating work relationships that … work
- Those seeking collaborative, supportive and enjoyable connections within their team and outside of their workplace.
- Especially suited to those who are looking for meaning, not small talk – for those who roll their eyes at the thought of networking.
You will leave with:
- The permission and know-how to feel more comfortable in your own skin
- A step-by-step approach to find your people by being yourself
- Two tried, tested and easy techniques to manage misunderstandings and conflict
“Thank you, Gemma. You inspire me to be even more committed.”
-Bill Morrow, CEO, nbn
“In the circle of life, we need more ringleaders like Gemma. Love the energy you put into your business, and what you are doing to empower people.”
-John Wood, Managing Director, Leadership Solutions Global
A new take on inclusive leadership
Because careers are not just about the brain, and workplaces need more heart.
- Professionals who are tired of putting on an armour to rock up to work
- Leaders who want to create truly inclusive teams
- Anyone who is open to seeing work as a place of joy, contribution and – dare we say it? – magic.
You will leave with:
- An understanding of what gets in the way of inclusion and belonging in the workplace
- Unexpected tools to lead inclusively
- Permission to be exactly who you are at work, without getting fired (or laughed at)
- Clear tips to create passionate, authentic and buzzily productive teams
“I really enjoyed this session, I found it insightful and inspirational. Dr Munro was a wonderful speaker and her charisma and easygoing nature captured the audience. Her message really resonated with me and I left the session feeling invigorated and excited. This has been one of the best sessions I can remember.”
-Anon, General Electric
Note: all topics are able to be tailored to your timing, impact and audience needs.
Could there be a more enthusiastic, humorous, insightful and energetic speaker? Gemma has the skills to guide you through the most challenging areas with just the right blend of nudging and support. She makes it fun.
Gemma was fabulous; it’s amazing the inspiration that can come from just one hour of your day.
Gemma is a top-notch speaker! I am an improved version of myself as a result. I have practical tools and techniques to face what has always been terrifying to me. This was by far one of the most practical and useful events I’ve attended in a long time.
Something happened to me when she spoke. It was both a breakdown and breakthrough. I left feeling completely exposed, vulnerable and light as a feather. The mask finally came down. And boy was it wonderful, in the most terrifying way. Liberating!
Best presentation of the two days!! Walked away from the session feeling very engaged and centered after hearing Gemma’s talk. Would love to hear more from Gemma as she was so engaging and captivating.
The highlight of the conference! So glad I was here for Gemma’s presentation. Charismatic, entertaining and thought provoking.