INSIGHTS FROM GEM
When I spoke at Google in San Francisco recently, one of the questions I got was, ‘how do I find a great mentor?’. It is a question we get all the time from women, especially because we get told that we need a great mentor to advance our career.
In our work running women’s leadership programs for organisations, we see a lot of mentoring programs fail miserably. In this episode of InklingTV, I’ll help you to avoid the common pitfalls of a mentoring relationship by sharing my top tips to choose the right mentor, and how maximise the relationship to make it incredibly worthwhile for you and your mentor.
Twinkling for the week
“A great mentor or sponsor is someone you click with, admire, and helps you achieve your career objectives” @InklingWomen #InklingTV
and the Inkling Women team
If you’re looking for other ways to advance your career, in September we’re releasing our Hands Up program to the public for the first time ever! This program has been run in huge organisations like Australia Post and Medibank with amazing results, so we wanted to share it with you too! The best thing about Hands Up is that this program is online, so you can complete it anywhere, anytime! There’s workbooks, tool and technique videos, and group coaching sessions with our senior facilitators and coaches.
Hands Up is for YOU if you want to:
- Overcome the fears and self-doubt that are holding you back in your life and career
- Build the confidence, resilience and skills to be a leader and role model to others
- Learn how to put your hand up for promotions and other opportunities
- Present to an audience with confidence and clarity
- Find more time for the things in life that give you great joy and satisfaction
Here’s what the program includes:
- 8 weeks of video content
- Downloadable workbooks
- Weekly online group coaching sessions
- Access to a private Facebook group where you can discuss your challenges and successes with other amazing women in the program
Sounds pretty good, right?!